12 January 2009

T-Minus One Week

One week. Well, less than that if you count the hours, but who's counting? Oh wait, I am. I still can't believe that I'm actually going to be in Spain for a semester. I probably won't believe it until I get off the plane in Malaga. Right now I just need to focus on what I have to get done this week! Packing, taking care of details, and getting mentally prepared are all on the agenda for this week. If only it would all take care of itself!!

I was able to spend this past weekend with my older sister Kristen in Kansas City. Ever since I've come to Jewell, she's been a constant in my life. It's been so great having her only a half hour away from me. I even was able to live with her this past summer, which was a blast! It's going to be weird not seeing her. On my drive home from KC, I started thinking about all the people in my life that I love. This has actually been a recurring theme in my life recently, for obvious reason. The long break has allowed me to really dwell on the the people I love and think about what an impact they have in my life. I'm so blessed to have the friends and family that I do, because they enrich my life in so many wonderful ways.

So take a few minutes today and tell someone who is special to you just how awesome they are. I know it's sappy, but I don't think we all say it enough. Life is about the relationships we have, afterall. Without them, it's pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment