26 December 2008

A heart at rest... kinda

Three days ago, I had an outpatient procedure done at Research Medical Center. My mom and I traveled up to Kansas City the night before so that I would be able to make it to the hospital by 6am the next morning. The procedure I had done was called an ablation. It's a procedure done on people who have SVT (look it up), a heart condition that causes rapid heart beat. I had been anticipating this procedure for a month. I knew it would make me feel better, since my heart wouldn't beat too fast anymore. But I was scared. Though I didn't have time to focus on the procedure in previous weeks due to finals and such, the night before I was a wreck. I barely slept. It's kind of funny how your mind can really freak you out, cause mine did. I had tons of people praying for me. I knew God would take care of me and that it would be okay. But somehow, I was still nervous.

Long story short, the procedure was a success. At least, for now. I'll know over the next few months whether it holds or not (there's a 90-95% chance it will), and I believe that it will. I already feel better though, which gives me great hope. I even cried after the procedure because I was so happy (or so doped up on drugs, haha). It's like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. God is good!

Now, onto the next big thing: Spain. Whoa. I can't believe it's finally here. I've been waiting for this for a long time. From the time I knew I was coming to Jewell I've been waiting. I didn't think it'd ever come, of course. But it's here. I'm slowly getting things lined up. Buying shoes, clothes, gadgets, and a super safe purse my mom insisted on. But I'm not ready yet. Not emotionally, mentally, or physically. Good thing I still have three weeks. I know it's going to be an amazing experience, but right now, it's just scary.

I got word today that I'm going to be able to see some of my closest friends soon in KC. I can't stinkin wait! I miss them already. Molly thinks it's pathetic, I think it's only natural. I mean come on, we're going to be away for at least 4 months, if not more. I'm already having withdrawls. But for now, I can be excited for the time I can spend with them, take silly pictures, and laugh 'till I cry. How fabulous!

It's times like these that I have to remember to stop and smell the roses. So that's what I'm going to do: cherish the time I have, and look forward with faith and trust in God in what is to come. That's the only way I know how to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi friend (: I'm so glad that you put this up so that we can know what's going on in your travels and your life while you are away! I know that you will be able to handle anything that God throws at you, but I also know that a lot of us here will be missing and praying for you as you travel and eventually return home. Love you, miss you, and hope you have the time of your life!

    - Rachel Gabrielse

    ReplyDelete