20 December 2008

Christmas too soon

Christmas. I have been waiting for this for a month now. It means the stress of the semester is over, and I'm free of homework for a month. It means time with family that I don't see very often. But at the same time, I wish I could go back in time. Why? Because Christmas break means that I leave for Spain in one month. Whoa.

This is something I've been waiting on for 4 years. It's finally here. I'm excited to meet new people, see the sights, and become fluent in Spanish. Yet, I am completely terrified. New place, I don't know a single person, and a language that's not my own. It makes me want to run back to Jewell and forget the whole studying in another country thing. But I know that's not what is going to happen.

So, while I prepare for my adventure, I will cling to the encouragement someone recently gave me who, when I told him I was excited but scared said to me, "Sarah, if anyone can do this, you can." It's the faith that others have in me, my determination to make it through, and God by my side that will move me forward as I push my fears aside and have the time of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment